Arranging a Baptism
Congratulations on your decision to seek baptism whether for a child, or for yourself as an adult.
Baptisms typically take place at a special celebration on the second Sunday of each month at 12 Noon. It is a very rich and enjoyable service at which family and guests feel very much at home.
Rather than repeat here, the anglican website has some helpful information all about Baptism in the Church of England. You can visit the site at www.cofe.anglican.org following the ‘Life Events’ and ‘Baptism’ tabs. It will tell you about Godparents, what to expect, Thanksgivings for children, Confirmation etc.
The process of baptism at St.Mary’s is as follows:
- Check that you live in St.Mary’s parish or are on the church Electoral Roll*.
- Ideally visit the Church Office in the Church Hall any weekday morning between 10am-12noon to make a booking. There is a form and various documents we give to you and which you return.
- If you cannot get to the office at that time then please email baptisms(at)stmarywarash.org.uk with your enquiry.
- When you make a booking you will be invited to an evening to prepare for the Baptism service.
- We will be pleased to celebrate the baptism with you.
- You will be invited to Family Worship the following month to be presented with your certificate and receive the welcome of the congregation.
*If you live in another parish we do encourage you to seek baptism for your child where you live. This is because baptism is actually about your child and their future faith community, where they will grow up, belong to church, go to school, know the vicar, attend sunday school etc. The parish boundary can be seen in blue if you zoom out on the About Us page.